[nflug] local dns /bind setup

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 22:35:39 EST 2005

Well depending on your distro if you install bind,  by default it's usually
setup for a caching nameserver,.  slight tweaks to the /etc/bind/named.conf or
/etc/named.conf file might be needed,  but it's usually pretty painless.

If you want to see my /etc/named/bind.conf let me know.  just beware bind V8
and V9 uses slightly different syntax in the config files.

--- anthonyriga <torrodimerda at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Anyone have good easy tutorials setting up local dns for home so not to rely
> on problems with external dns such as Adelphia.

Dave J. Andruczyk