[nflug] Internet latency

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 21:30:46 EST 2005

Dave
  I am having the same issues. I have been really going nuts trying to figure it out. I called Adelphia and if you are using their dns servers 68.168.224.162 /165 you will have this problem. Not sure what other dns issues there are. I have been having a hell of a time too. There techs told me they have escalated the problem but not sure when it will be fixed. I asked them if they could give me a backup dns to use but said they couldnt do that...

dave <buckettruckdave at gmail.com> wrote: Hi all,

 I am running Debian etch, have been using debian for about a year. I recently
did a weekly update on my system and now my internet latency is horrible!
Often internet apps are timing out. I'm using adelphia on a home-network. The
windows box works just fine so I know its not powerlink. I'm wondering if
somehow during the update, ipv6 might have been implimented? Is that a
possible cause for this latency issue? If it is possible how can I set it
back to ipv4. If I'm full of sh** in my theory, ideas are very welcome! The
delay is really bad.  Thanks for any input you guys may have

thx Dave