[nflug] Cant open files...

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Sun Nov 27 13:05:59 EST 2005

I would gather then, that it is not a permissions issue if Windows can
edit the files, and you can copy the files to your Fedora box.  Why you
can't edit it though, is beyond me.  What about mounting the share as if
it was another partition?  Mount it temporarily, sort of like "mapping a
network drive" in Windows, thus allowing you to edit the files directly,
but appearing as a local file. The following works for me:

mount -t smbfs -o username=johnseth,password=somepassword
//linuxsmb/share /home/share

My box with Fedora fried the motherboard about 3 months ago and I
haven't been able to buy a new system to replace it yet. So I can't use
X-Windows to help figure out why your situation won't work.

  ~ Tony