[nflug] ubuntu breezy badger install on compaq v2000z

nolf precognitive at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 23:37:03 EST 2005

I was wondering if anyone here has figured out the driver issues
of installing ubuntu breezy badger on ati radeon cards, esp. ati radeon
express 200 M

I can't get the X-server to start. It continues to crash evrytime I manage
to start it at the
first place.

I have checked out the ubuntu-forums for 3 dayz now and haven't figured out
exactly
what all steps to be taken in order to install it.

Also, could anyone suggest a way to make K3b recognise the dvd-rw drive.
It only configures it as a cd-rw drive. Whenever I play a dvd, the app
crashes!

Finally, I am getting "Too many frames getting dropped Error!" while using
xine or other players based on the xine engine. I have a 512 MB 333Mhz
PC2700 RAM, and
am thinking of getting a 512Meg/1Gig stick. However, what I wished to know
was, how much RAM would
suffice for the task at hand???

Happy thanksgivings to one and all!...

---
hope is the quintessential human illusion... simultaneously the source of
your greatest
strength and your greatest weakness