[nflug] trying to stay on Topic

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 15:04:26 EST 2005

Gosh I wish it was this simple.  This is a different method than what they did
with the Shakira CD.  The CD can't carry the CD emblem on it since it does not
meet the industry standard for a redbook CD.  They purposely broke the audio
format
http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2001mar/gee20010329005088.htm

so that computers get all screwed up about what is in the cd drive. My PC won't
even see it as a readable disk due to the errors in the first tracks.  However
an older redbook only stereo cd player just ignores the errors and finds the
audio track.

Of course there are ways around it but most involve playing it analog and
jacking it into digital input and recording then converting to MP3.  Not worth
the time or effort as far as I'm concerned.  But the point is if you don't own
a CD player older than a few years you ay have to go buy one so you can listen
to your CD!

JJ