[nflug] Wine and version

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Nov 4 11:59:58 EST 2005

Roelant Ossewaarde wrote:

> Have you tried decss/decvob? They decrypt DVD and remove macrovision
> encryption.
>

> On Nov 3, 2005, at 9:59 PM, <robert_todd at adelphia.net>
> <robert_todd at adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>> ---- JJ Neff <jjneff at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>> I am attempting to get DVDdecrypter working under wine
>>
>>> http://www.mrbass.org/linux/ubuntu/dvdshrink/
>>> followed the above except for the fact I have debian sarge instead
>>> of Ubuntu.
>>>
>>> I have the config set to nt40 but when I start dvdecrypter the log
>>> output
>>> states Windows 98 SE as the OS and thus tries and fails to load an
>>> ASAPI dll.
>>> I can't choose STPI as an option since it sees win 32 as available.
>>>

>> JJ, give up while you are ahead. I have never gotten DVDShrink to
>> work under Crossover office (which uses WINE) unde ANY x86 distro of
>> Linux.

I do not see these, at least in the yum repos I have, where would you
get them from?
I have an interesting thing here happening when it comes to burning a
dvd with k3b. I usually make images of dvd's with dd and then store them
on hard drives and later mount them to watch, even through mythtv,
totally cool, no problems getting by encryptions at all, however, when
wanting to put an image on a dvd disk, that's where I run into
encryption issues. Let's say I try to copy a dvd using k3b, just single
layer, no biggie right? Nope, if it's an encrypted dvd, it dies out
saying it can't copy an encrypted dvd. If I take that same dvd and make
an image using dd, it makes the image just fine, I can mount it and
watch it just fine. If then, I take that same image made from dd and try
and burn it using k3b, it will burn the image just fine, saying success
at the end and all but then when I try to watch the dvd disk that it
made, it says that it can't, encrypted, all that. So my question is
this, what is k3b doing/not doing to have this happen? Thoughts, ideas
anyone? TIA