[nflug] Another reason to not use M$ products...

Mike Richardson mtr3 at buffalo.edu
Wed Nov 2 16:31:01 EST 2005

Frank Kumro wrote:
> Honestly I have never heard about any rootkits for linux. Are they
> open source too? Im not looking for the source to run them I just want
> a better understanding of them.

Rootkit Hunter (http://www.rootkit.nl) lists a whole slew of rootkits it
is capable of identifying. A google search may lend results for specific
information.

http://www.rootkit.nl/projects/rootkit_hunter.html

Granted, some of these are non-linux specific, but there are a few on
that list that I've specifically seen installed on various Linux boxen
I've come in contact with over the years.

--
Michael Richardson
Web Programmer, ePharmacotherapy Networks