[nflug] Another reason to not use M$ products...

David W. Aquilina david at starkindler.us
Wed Nov 2 14:48:32 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 02:37:22PM -0500, Frank Kumro wrote:
> I've been hearing alot of this lately and each time only one response
> comes to mind. Im so glad im using Linux. I cannot express my hatred
> for windows and I dont even use it. Now thats love :)

Well, just because we're all using linux doesn't mean we're automatically safe from these types of programs. There are plenty of rootkits out there and I've seen some pretty vicious ones.

The key thing in this case, imo, is that instead of coming from someone who would be traditionally considered a disreputable source it comes from a large company, which would have been considered a trusted source in terms of not attempting to hijack your system when you install/run legitmate software from them.

--
David W. Aquilina
david at starkindler.us