[nflug] ubuntu

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Wed Nov 2 10:59:22 EST 2005

nolf wrote:

> ubuntu 5.10 Breezy badger is a single cd live distro, which
> could also be installed....and played around with.

Actually the install cd and the live cd are seperate discs. Unless you
get the DVD which has both.

> it supports gnome, and if you need kde you gotta install it later
> with the perennial apt-get
> p.s. make sure you don't have any dependency issues with your build
> though
>
> nolf

This is true (although I've never seen dependency issues on Ubuntu at
all), but there's also a specific release of Ubuntu called Kubuntu -
http://www.kubuntu.org/ - specifically for KDE users, which is also very
popular (#11 on Distrowatch). KDE apps run fine in Gnome without even
having the desktop installed. For instance if you want K3B, 'apt-get
install K3B' wil just download what's needed to run it, without
installed a fully functional KDE desktop environment.
--
Jesse Jarzynka
Cyber Source