New Fedora Core user

hawkwynd hawkwynd at adelphia.net
Fri May 27 23:14:03 EDT 2005

I'm new to Fedorda, Linux or anything other than the dreaded 'doze world. I
have a box on my home network, running Fedora Core. It's nice. Here's my
wish list, and if anyone can provide links to where I can find some how to's
and info on doing it, I would appreciate it GREATLY!

1. I need to run MySql on this machine, along with a webserver, and PHP so I
can test my scripts before I upload them to the production server.

2. I want to configure my linux machine to share it's storage (3 9gb scsi
hard drives) with the rest of my machines on the network. I want to be able
to also attach my linux machine to a NAS server I have on my network, also a
linux based kernal box.

3. I want to be able to eventually use my linux machine MORE than I am using
my windows machine for writing scripts, web applicaitons and other
development tools for PHP, Perl and stuff.

I'm new to linux, but I have enough knowledge of the OS to get dangerous at
the terminal window.

Thank you,
Scott