bucking the system

Greg Neumann DadNeumann at verizon.net
Wed May 11 10:25:14 EDT 2005

I'm assuming by "Gimp" you mean "Gaim". I don't know exactly how to do
that, but the forums on the Gaim SourceForge page might be a good place
to look for answers or post the specific question ...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gaim/
Can you ask your sysadmin to fix the problem? One thing to be very
careful of is to use unauthorized software at work, open source or not.
I've had days of hell because good people download things they think
might be nice only to have them really mess up our systems. I'd much
prefer Gaim, simply because it's just the IM, not any of the extra
"stock/news tickers", ads, etc. that AIM and ilk seem to love so much.
Just my 2 cents.
-Greg Neumann