Off Topice Wirless networking

Tom McKim mckimt at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 10:57:08 EST 2005

I agree with Bob.

I would make one change.
Don't set your XP compter with a Static IP manually on
the PC.  I would get the MAC address from that PC, and
set the DHCP server on the D-Link to assign that MAC
address with the X.X.X.254 IP address.

It would make it easier to redirect everyone to where
the Default Gateway is if you were to setup a linux
box to do the Dial up, you would just have to get the
MAC address of that Device and change it in the
D-Link.

Also if you had to Bring your PC somewhere else you
wouldn't have to worry about setting up the IP address
for the new network.

Personally, If I use DHCP I want it to assign all
address's even the Static Ones.

Tom McKim, MCSE
Network Administrator
Niagara Chocolates