Announcement (Was: Poll of sorts)

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Thu Mar 10 16:40:04 EST 2005

Dennis,

Since you broached the subject, it's a little earlier than I was planning
but I figure no time like now..

I have myself also seen a need for what you are asking for, hence:

I am announcing a new linux users group. The group is the Buffalo
Professional Linux Users Group.

http://www.bplug.org

The user group is focused on the use of Linux and Open Source in
professional business environments. We have organized presentations and
seminars, and bring up topics that are of interest to people that use or
would like to use Linux as part of a corporate solution set. We disseminate
practical information and proven solutions from IT professionals who have
successfully tackled a wide range of enterprise Linux deployment challenges.
It's a rare opportunity to benefit from the experience and insight of peers
from companies that are both local and national.

Unlike other Linux User Groups, our meetings are structured and have
presentations and speakers focused on using Linux solutions on an enterprise
level. Our meetings are held from 6pm-9pm on the last Thursday of each
month. The location may vary, as "road trips" and visits to companies using
Linux in the enterprise is encouraged.

Newcomers to Linux are always welcome, however the meetings will be based on
Professional I.T. members looking for ways to enhance their Linux solutions
or looking to move to Linux solutions.

If anyone is interested in attending the next meeting or contributing,
please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark