Poll of sorts-

DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com
Thu Mar 10 11:41:23 EST 2005

I essentially use linux in the corporate/enterprise environment, for a
large portion of our Network Monitoring System (NMS), as opposed to the
home/desktop realm. I do have a Linux server at home, and did have a
Linux desktop for a while, but I eventually opted for another *NIX
desktop environment - OSX.

-Dan

>>> dennisr at corp.kanoodle.com 03/10/05 10:17 AM >>>
I'm curious about something--

How do you all use Linux? Are there many people on the list that use it
in a corporate/enterprise environment or is it more for desktop/home
use?

I've only been to a couple of meetings, but they seem to center more
around 'Linux as a Windows desktop replacement', which is great since
Windows sucks, but I'd like to see more meeting topics revolving around
things like high-volume system administration, tuning for performance
and uptime, and Linux in the enterprise. Anybody else that would like to
do things like this?

--Dennis