All User Read/Write to usbdisk

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Tue Mar 8 09:41:26 EST 2005

Frank Kumro wrote:

>I was wondering how I can have any user be able to read and write to
>the usb thumb drive I have. Now i am the only one using it so I mount
>it with
>
>sudo mount /dev/sda1 /media/usbdisk/
>
>I can read it but I cannot remove data from it. I cant write to it
>either, how can I enable any user to delete,modify,write to the disk?

Your on FC3 right? You should probably update your kernel to at least
2.6.7-1.494.2.2 (that one is very stable for us) and make sure your
haldaemon is running. It should auto mount and be rw and nautilus should
even pop up a window showing the contents. If you have the stock kernel
that came with FC3, I suspect that is your problem (if the haldaemon is
running that is).

--
cybersource.us
115 Richfield Road