OFF TOPIC Windows Backup

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Mon Mar 7 09:48:08 EST 2005

Thats the problem, the backup pool stuff, if the machine were to die and
I had to releod it, could I restore from the tape without having the
tape info stored on the machine? I have no experience backing up windows
boxes, and thus have no faith that I would be able to get the files back
in the event of a failure, so I'm going to share the windows drive mount
it on my Backup server via samba, and just take a tar onto a tape of the
files I need to backup. Then I feel comfortable in the even of a failure
I could reinstall Windows 2003, and get the data back.

Thanks for all the help!

Justin

Justin Bennett
Network Administrator