DVD Authoring

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 15 13:44:33 EDT 2005

What apps are people here using in Linux to backup their legally purchased
DVD's?

I have researched tons of apps for burning, requanting (real word - eh who
knows), and burning.  So far I'm hooked on K3B for burning but want to do
everything from CLI. So growisofs it is. (or dvdrecord - you see how quickly
this gets confusing)

I am using dvdbackup to rip, mkisofs to create and k3b to burn , but I'm having
trouble finding a good resizing app that is easy to use (yes tcrequant is OK
but I want something anyone can use, without having to do math :-)

Then once I understand the different permutations of ripping, resizing (for
files larger than 4464MB) and burning I wonder if there is one GUI that handles
all this.

TIA for all your info.

JJN