MYSQL Data Entry Form

Mike Richardson mtr3 at buffalo.edu
Mon Jul 25 14:54:42 EDT 2005

Justin Bennett wrote:
> I'm looking to deploy a mysql database for web work via PHP (our stuff
> has been oracle so far).
>
> What I'm looking for is an easy way a windows user could update, delete,
> insert, data into the database. I'm not looking to make the user upload
> a csv or anything like that to update records.
>
> A nice GUI data entry form would be nice. I could always write one in
> PHP but was hoping for something canned, maybe with a wizard so I could
> create more forms in the future. It doesn't need to be web based, it can
> run on w32, and it doesn't have to be free.

Although it's not necessarially being developed (or even supported)
anymore, MySQL Control Center has always been a good data manipulation
tool. It may be a little confusing for the general user, though.

Otherwise, if your clients have MS Access installed, you can install the
  MySQL ODBC connector on Windows. In Access, you can link tables up to
the MySQL db and let them edit data there.

Both of these pieces of software are available of MySQL's Developer
site. http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/

*shutters* I just promoted an MS product for getting things done...

--
Michael Richardson
Web Programmer, ePharmacotherapy Networks