arghhhh Re: mounting ntfs hard drive hdb

ebenoit ebenoit at hopevale.com
Mon Jul 4 17:21:15 EDT 2005

 mount -t ntfs -w /dev/hdb1 /home/admin/Desktop/windows1

^
 |    here is the mount command I am using when I su in terminal

when I look at the directory windows1 it has the permissions r-x------
(read and execute only for root)
As root I cannot chown the directory to my user account admin obviously.

I am able to mount the system fine, but I need to RWX for my admin
account ...the man for mount didn't really help in explaining what I am
doing wrong or let me know that I cannot do what I want.  Can anyone
shine light, Tony??

Thanks,
Eric