Open Office (Read only)

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Tue Jan 18 08:11:16 EST 2005

ok, I'm not familiar with SUSE at all but a couple of things of note;
1. I read the man pages on mount and could not find an option for
"nohide". I did find one for "unhide", maybe it's different for SUSE vs
Fedora though. I also read that if a hidden file (that's what the unhide
option does) shows when you have a like named file that is not hidden,
they both won't show. I would take that option out.
2. This may be different for SUSE but in Fedora/RedHat/Mandrake there is
a file /etc/security/console.perms that defines perms for devices, etc.
In mine it has the line "<console>  0660 <floppy>     0660 root.floppy",
that are self explanatory. Since this is probably being assigned the
name "floppy" by your mount point, it may be picking up perms like
those. You should be able to do a man 5 on console.perms.
3. I find it really odd that there is not a partition number and only
"/dev/sda".

Just some thoughts and of course this doesn't explain why you dont have
trouble with kword, etc. and only in OO.
  Maybe someone else can jump in on this one because in my experience
Linux and floppies totally SUCK. I have ALWAYS had trouble with them, I
mean I use them (only when I absolutely have to). What would have
probably been a nice xmas present for your wife would have been a USB
flash drive, now they ROCK in Linux.