Meeting...

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 09:34:27 EST 2005

I've setup thin clients. they work great. cheap crappy
hardware gets a second life.  both regular and
irregular ( ibm netstation ppc-no processor noise,very
quiet :-). ltsp is  great and easy to setup. we could
talk about it and possibly set it up in the new joint
so everyone has a terminal to sit and learn at.

--- Robert Meyer <meyer_rm at yahoo.com> wrote:

> OK, it's official.  We cannot have a meeting at our
> old place 'cuz the heat is
> off and they're in the process of shutting things in
> the building down in
> preparation for refurbishment.
>
> The new place isn't going to be available in time
> for the next meeting (crud)
> so we need someplace to meet this month.  Next
> month, the new place should be
> available.  I've been told that there is lots of
> room there and we could
> potentially set up a classroom there.  The new place
> is on Main street right by
> where the train non-pay section starts, right at the
> end of the tunnel.  People
> could come in on the train or there is plenty of
> places to park on Sundays to
> make it not a problem.
>
> So does anybody have anyplace we can meet this month
> and what do we want to do?
>  I suppose the location will somewhat dictate the
> limits on what we can do,
> expecially if there is internet stuff involved.
>
> I for one would like to know if anyone has done
> anything significant with
> thin-client linux systems.
>
> Anyway, if you have ideas on places or topics, speak
> up.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Bob

> protection around