Billy gets BSOD

Kevin E. Glosser keg at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 7 16:06:19 EST 2005

green_man wrote:
> http://www.linuxlinks.com/portal/news/article.php?story=20050106135807214
> * Oops: Blue Screen Of Death Interrupts Gates' CES Show *

I don't like making fun of Microsoft. Fortunately, they do a good job of
doing it to themselves. :)

I came across the video of it occurring and it was brutal to watch.

On one hand, I feel sorry for Bill. You know, he's up there
demonstrating his product that he is proud of, and it fails like it
probably won't ever again.

I've had the experience of creating software and then demonstrating it,
knowing there was a bug found in it at the last second, that was a
1/1,000,000 chance of occurring and then sweating it out. Time seems to
stop in those circumstances as you wait to see if the person testing the
software out, will succeed in finding the one scenario where it will
break. :)

Then, on the other hand I'm glad things like this happen. If you go to
our site today, you'll see an article about Microsoft's new anti virus
software they are releasing.

Yes, they plan on charging Windows users to remove viruses and spy ware
that they can't keep out.

Hopefully, I didn't start an Anti-Microsoft explosion with this email.
We don't need to resort to name calling to show dissatisfaction. Let the
name calling stay on their side of the fence. We can make a difference
by continuing to use Linux and helping those trying to make the switch.

KEG
http://www.linuxlinks.com