Billy gets BSOD

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Thu Jan 6 22:42:52 EST 2005

http://www.linuxlinks.com/portal/news/article.php?story=20050106135807214

* Oops: Blue Screen Of Death Interrupts Gates' CES Show *
Thursday, January 06 2005 @ 01:58 PM EST
Contributed by: glosser

* At this point, I think they should change the color, just to make it
different. :) *

Bill Gates' keynote presentation Wednesday night at the Consumer
Electronics Show didn't quite go according to plan: glitches, including
a dreaded "Blue Screen of Death," interrupted the show several times.

Microsoft's chairman, who shared the stage with late-night talk show
host Conan O'Brien, kept his cool when Microsoft Media Center crashed
during the presentation, and an Xbox displayed the blue screen of death.

The rest of the story from techweb is even better. It continues ...

As the Xbox went down for the count, the Microsoft executive running
that part of the presentation, Garrett Young, said, "This is a little
bit of demo karma, sorry, I'm out of system memory apparently. Yeah, so
just imagine, if you will, that I was customizing my car and doing some
really cool stuff."

O'Brien played to the crowd during the crashes with lines like "right
now nine people are being fired," and "Who's in charge of Microsoft? Oh."

Thanks Kevin, you made my day. ;-)
I know how to change the color; it's 2 registry keys in the 9x's.
I have green on green in the Matrix theme I made and red on black in my
Raven theme.

--
The sole purpose of my life is, apparently, to test my sanity.

Scott
Netscape 7.0 Mail

--
This outgoing message is certified Virus Free.