Kernel/dmesg email addr & Converting to LVM 2

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Thu Jan 6 08:49:11 EST 2005

We've been using LVM2 for all our FC3 stuff and I really like it, the
flexibility and the drive access speeds are fantastic. I have also seen
a few things that might be of note. If you even e2fsck a logical volume
that is a swap partition in LVM, it will reset the swap declaration, you
need to mkswap again to the partition after e2fsck. I have never went
from LVM1 to LVM2 but it would probably be a smooth transition if you
could create the LVM2's and then tar your data in. Why are you sticking
with 2.4 kernels? Going forward with LVM2 and staying behind with 2.4
might have some unforseen problems, I myself have never compiled a
kernel without forgetting a thing or two. As far as your vgimport
problem, since you relabeled /dev/hdg (0x84), did you pvcreate /dev/hdg
BEFORE you then tried to vgimport /dev/hdg and /dev/hdf ?
I suspect relabeling /dev/hdg removed the pv declaration.