Fun thread.

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Wed Jan 5 18:12:22 EST 2005

wow, good thread.
  I could sum it up in one word......"Control". I am lucky enough to be
in a position to always come across comparing Linux to windows. I also
see many, many , many people disgusted with there windows boxes getting
bugged up and eventually useless.
  So, your question is, what would keep a person in Linux like apps keep
a person in windows? I think it goes way beyond apps. Control and virus
protection are paramount in my view to keep anyone in Linux. If a
person, for familiarity or whatever reason, wishes to stay with windows,
then they should. The apps will come in time and as far as I can see,
are no longer a reason not to go with Linux. The way we setup people
with Fedora Core 3 and VMware running windows as a guest OS, windows
itself has been reduced to an app, which, IMHO is where it belongs.