Can't Login to Fedora

Timothy J. Finucane speljamr at speljamr.com
Fri Feb 18 16:16:06 EST 2005

ok, now I'm in rpm hell. I have downloaded the rpms required to
reinstall X. I start by attempting to install
xorg-x11-libs-6.8.2-1.i386.rpm which says it requires libGL.so.1. So I
then attempt to install xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL-6.8.2-1.i386.rpm which
contains libGL.so.1. It won't install because it requires libX11.so.6,
libXet.so.6, and libXxf86vm.so.1. Those three files are in the original
xorg-x11-libs-6.8.2-1.i386.rpm. Each rpm requires the other.How amI
supposed to install that?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Tim

--
“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”    —Benjamin Franklin