Raw printing

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Feb 10 23:38:16 EST 2005

I was on the web the other day on my notebook (Windoze 98SE, with no
printer attached).

I did a financial transaction on the web and printed to disk (using
Firefox).
I ended up with a file.prn which I assume is native encoded as HP
printer language (The printer defined on the notebook is an HP 722C).  I
want to print the darn thing in Windows or Linux (on my desktop, which
has an HP 895 Cse - which should be able to handle the print file), but
I can't figure out how to!

I tried using lp -raw file.prn and got a lot of garbage.

What can I try and how do I do it next time so it works easily?

The notebook is not networked to the desktop.  I put the file on an
sdram card and used sneaker net.

Any insight would be appreciated.

TIA

Joe

--
"Silence is the language of God, the Divine Presence speaking- the music of the Eternal." -Sri Sri Ravi Shankar