kppp hardware modem

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Wed Feb 9 09:13:35 EST 2005

You shouldn't have changed the perms on /usr/sbin/pppd, that should be
set back to 555. The perm for kppp should be changed to u+s for
/usr/sbin/kppp, then after, create a symlink to /usr/sbin/kppp at
/usr/bin/kppp. You slow connection could be alot of reasons, most likely
the initialization string. Try this one without the quotes
"AT&F&C1&D2S7=60\R". minicom is also a great tool to use to check
initialization strings, connections, etc.