kppp hardware modem

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 22:52:25 EST 2005

I recently installed compatable internal US robotics
modem that I could query with kppp and it was
reconized. I noticed after doing kernel update the
modem was reconized as different model when kudzu came
up. I went back to the kernel and kudzu reconized it
as the old name. When I use kppp to query the modem it
says unable to creater modem lock file. Anythin I
should be doing? I am testing this for my stepfather
to use so I wanna make this Win to Linux transition
smooth for him. Thanks!