Extend Linux Partition

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Tue Feb 8 14:05:11 EST 2005

Frank Kumro wrote:

>Peter,
>   Your combining two threads into one. I emailed the lug to give out
>gmail invites and you can locally mount (sorta like NFS) the 1gb on
>your linux system. In another email (this thread) I was asking how to
>extend my current linux partition to the rest of my drive because I
>finally removed my windblows partition. I posted a link in the other
>thread about how to mount the gmail space. Any ideas how to extend my
>linux partiton without dataloss to take up the extra GB's of space
>that my drive has free?

Since it appears the parition you would like to extend is LVM, extending
it is very possible. I'm not sure the directions for doing it would fit
in an e-mail though, we'd need a lot more information, Volume Group
names etc. Perhaps I or Dad could ssh in and do it, or you could bring
it by the shop? -Jesse