Linux Mail Server

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Thu Feb 3 12:45:10 EST 2005

i was a sendmail user for many years until i discovered postfix, after
making the switch i'll never go back. are your users going to be
accessing there email from this machine via POP or IMAP or is it only
going to be a relay?

i would assume that you're are going to want to scan email for SPAM and
virii. in my opinion the best tool for this is  amavisd-new, it combines
spamassasin and a virus scanner into one easily configured tool. for the
  virus scanning you can use clamav for any commercial product, i use
the sophos SAVI on our system.

Postfix site http://www.postfix.org/
amavisd-new site http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/
postfix, amavisd smtp gate, very good info!
http://www.flakshack.com/anti-spam/wiki/index.php

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator