[nflug] ldap stuff

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sun Dec 18 09:04:45 EST 2005

Hello All,
 I remember a long time ago someone talking about ldap stuff (John Neff
I believe). Anyway, here is what I have. I have a client I am trying to
get off the evil empires msn hotmail system that he got roped into with
his verizon dsl deal. I have turned the guy onto Linux and he is loving
life, we switched over every pc in his house to Linux with shared /home
directories via nfs, etc.. I also set him up with our email service and
he loves thunderbird however he wants a shared address book, etc..
Without the complexity of going the moregroupware way, I am looking into
putting an ldap server on our email server. I have muddled through the
tbird docs enough to see that, quote (Unfortunately Thunderbird
currently doesn't support editing entries on the LDAP server so its most
useful in an environment where an admin maintains a corporate address
book.), does this mean the address book is not editable or the settings
of ldap itself?? If the address book is not editable, that might shoot
this idea in the foot right off. Any clues? TIA