[nflug] Seeking a SOHO router/NAT device (with requirements)

Mark T. Valites mark-nflug at valites.net
Fri Dec 9 15:47:32 EST 2005

I'm looking to find an fairly inexpensive off-the-shelf consumer level
router (dlink, netgear, linksys, 3com, etc) that meets the following two
requirements (no wireless required):

The stock installed software allows me to:

-Forward invidual ports to an IP address behind it.
-Restrict access to those ports based on the source address of the IP
  trying access them.

Ideally, the device would also have *encrypted* remote administration, but
this is not a deal breaker.

Companies rarely list such specifics in the feature sets of the devices -
does anyone know of any devices that would meet the requirements?

Thanks,
-Mark