[nflug] Southtowns mini-meetings?

pirrone pirrone at localnet.com
Thu Dec 8 21:18:33 EST 2005

Greg Neumann wrote:

> Wow! I never figured. Well, I should have, HAM radio tools have been
> in Linux for as long as I've been compiling my own kernels. I had no
> idea what they were about until my son started looking at the manuals
> from his rig. Looks like Linux has all sorts of useful stuff!
> -Greg

OK, gotta run in a couple of minutes, but here's a quick suggestion for
both you and your son, and in fact for some computing/hamming father/son
bonding:  Grab a couple of PSK31 programs for Linux and plug a cable
between the receiver's headphone jack and the computer's microphone jack
and enjoy.  Very cool!

http://radio.linux.org.au/?sectpat=digital&ordpat=title

Frank