[nflug] RE: Copy of Red Hat 7.2

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 11:09:32 EST 2005

The link is your software turning a string it recognizes into a link - kind of
like how Outlook was (is?) so easily hijacked -

Hi I'm outlook -- if anyone sends you an e-mail with an exe attachment I'll
open it for you run it and tell you what it does after the fact - that way you
don't have to think about it - Oh it might be a virus? -- well buy virus
software and let me do the work for you...your life will be better - peace is
war and 2+2=5!  hahahahahahah (maniacal laughter)

OK you see the point - on my handheld device i don't see a link but on another
handheld device the software that presents my e-mail to me may take
http://<blah> and offer to open it in a web browser for me - heck it may offer
to open the site and use my credit card stored online to buy anything it finds
there - but do I really want it to do that?   hmmmm

OK so with NO HTML tags at all - as pure text only I type

http://www.debianplanet.org

I see ony text in my text based e-mail reader - I see a link in my highly
graphical GOOOEY e-mail reader - NO HTML at all? certainly it is the devils
work....

Wow you are making me think today - I better get back to work and stop reading
e-mail!

On another note it is similar to irc software - Some will show you links as
text only - others will allow you to select a link in the text screen and open
in any installed browser ( again searching for the http:// or ftp:// or other
pron://  :-Q

Please if I misrepresented this horribly please correct !

JJN