[nflug] RE: Red Hat 7.2

Ron Maggio ronmaggio2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 07:21:10 EST 2005

Hi all.
  I did not mean to start such a war over my request asking if someone might have a copy of this distro. I have been to UB's ftp site, and I see they have dropped their archive of Red Hat, but they still archive Mandrake with all (that I know of) their patches and updates. Which seams very strange to me that they kept the Mandrake archive but dumped Red Hat's:(

  Now for the reason why I wanted Red Hat 7.2 I'm not as knowledgeable as the rest of you, but if you would look at the systems requirements in the readme file or for that matter on the box you will notice not only drive space and ram needed to run it, you'll also will notice the Video cards supported as well. Since most of my equipment is legacy (I'm not rolling in money) I would like to install something that would be compatible with my old junk equipment, and able to run the first time I boot up!

  This is what I have have for an install at this time.
  IBM IntelliStation 6899-18U
  Pentium Pro 200MHz dual processor
  256mb EDO ECC ram
  Gainward/CardExpert PCI (this system has no AGP)
  TXT2 M64 32mb Video Ram
  I tried newer distro's that I thought where easy to install, but I do not have a sufficient video card to drive the GUI. I'm looking for something rather easy to install, and would work with my equipment. If you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

  Thanks, Ron:)