Error loading bt878 module

Frank Kumro fkumro at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 22:40:41 EDT 2005

lol yea i have the cable connected. I added the line card=2 so now my
modprobe.conf has this in it

alias char-major-81-0 bttv
options tuner type=2 tuner=2 card=2

No luck still. What logs do you want me to look at? Here is the two lines i
get from dmesg

bttv: driver version 0.9.15 loaded
bttv: using 8 buffers with 2080k (520 pages) each for capture

I was reading some docs and if I supply the card and type then a xawtv
-hwscan should not return UNKNOWN...but here is the output

/dev/video0: OK [ -device /dev/video0 ]
type : v4l2
name : UNKNOWN/GENERIC
flags: overlay capture tuner