BPLUG Meeting next Thursday, April 28th

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Fri Apr 22 13:30:01 EDT 2005

Buffalo Professional Linux Users Group Meeting

Date: Thursday, April 28th 6:00pm-9:00pm

Location:

      The PCA Group

      Airport Commerce Park

      455 Cayuga Road, Suite 200

Topic:

     Linux and Opensource Databases: Choosing the right database to use in a
Linux/Opensource environment.

Agenda:

6:00pm-6:45pm Overview of Database Options

      Core Database Elements:

Speed

Scalability/Mirroring

Transactions

Stored Procedures

      Extendability

Databases:

            Mysql

            Oracle

            Postgres

            Firebird - Ron Browning

            IBM Cloudscape - Ron Browning

7:00pm-7:45pm

      Case Studies/Presentations:

            Dennis Ruzeski, Kanoodle.com - Mysql & Oracle

            Jeremy Garcia, LinuxQuestions.org     - Mysql

                           ChoiceOne Online       - Mysql

8:00pm-8:45pm

      Case Studies/Presentations:

            Dustin Reiner, Cymfony   - Oracle

            Brad Bartram, Dyrect Media Group LTD.  - Postgres

Food and refreshments will be provided. Because of the large response at the
last meeting, an RSVP is appreciated to ensure enough seating and food.
please send an email to rsvp at bplug.org

The Buffalo Professional Linux Users Group is focused on the use of Linux
and Open Source in professional business environments. We have organized
presentations and seminars, and bring up topics that are of interest to
people that use or would like to use Linux as part of a corporate solution
set. We disseminate practical information and proven solutions from IT
professionals who have successfully tackled a wide range of enterprise Linux
deployment challenges. It's a rare opportunity to benefit from the
experience and insight of peers from companies that are both local and
national.

Website:  www.bplug.org <http://www.bplug.org/>