File system not writable or Read only File System errors

Robert F. Stockdale IV javabob at adelphia.net
Mon Apr 11 21:15:33 EDT 2005

After rebooting I'm able to write. If I start up mozilla-Firefox then
the /home  and all sub directories become unwritable. Usually Firefox
will crash as well. So I've narrowed the problem to Firefox. However, I
still can't find out why it is doing this. I think if I compile firefox
from source and then install it, I may have better luck. Suse has been
giving me several problems lately such as corrupting my sound card on
YOU (Yast online Update).  It may be time to back it all up and do a
Gentoo install.  Just don't know if I can find the time. Can't even find
the time to fix the sound card trouble.
Bob