RF Modulators

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Sun Sep 26 22:35:29 EDT 2004

The one I have is the channel vision one:
http://www.smarthomeusa.com/Shop/MultiRoom-Video/channelvision/CV-Digita
l-RF-Modulators/Item/E1200/

it's for $75 at the smarthomeusa site..

you do NOT want the ones on channel 3/4. the channel visions one is
selectable over Channel Range UHF 14-78 Cable 65-135 (excluding 95-99)

if you go to channelvision's web site and check their support pages:

http://www.channelvision.com/index.php?exec=support

specifically, you want something like the diagram:
http://www.channelvision.com/images/support/splihome.gif

that diagram shows the main cable coming in, being sent in, filtered
through a filter, passed through an amplifier, passed through to a
combiner to combine the mythtv output, and then passed into splitter to
go to the various tv's In the house..

my pc connects to the modulater via RCA. I haven't really looked for any
that do s-video in. the other thing is you may want one that does
stereo.
If you get one that handles stereo, then you can do dolby surround
sound..

Imho, it's not worth it..what I actually do is do all that
modulation..etc..
But to my "main" TV room TV, I actually have the SDIF and svideo pulled
down through the walls directly to it..so I get the best of both worlds,
distribution throughout the house and high quality in the TV room.

-Mark