finally- GnuCash

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Tue Sep 7 10:19:23 EDT 2004

I am using 1.8.9, without the HBCI add-on if I remember correctly.  I used
to use the online banking feature of quicken, but thinking back I believe
there was a charge to use it, and I ended up dropping it anyhow.  I use
web banking (M&T Bank here too).

As far as porting from Quicken to GnuCash, it couldn't be easier.  GnuCash
has filters for importing Quicken's .QIF files.  I imported mine that
way... but be prepared for a shock once you load it... all your categories
appear to be accounts, and is a slight shock for people that don't want to
see any other accounts than their bank accounts, credit cards, and loans.
Nice thing about GnuCash is it's customizability... I definitely like that
aspect.

- Tony