Still more questions

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Fri Sep 3 11:09:17 EDT 2004

Fedora Core 2 does not come with any video players as a result of the
"trying to stay completely license free" etc. The best thing to do is to
get apt-get. The atrpms site seems to be down/slow today so I posted the
rpm from our site:

http://thecybersource.com/download/atrpms-kickstart-23-1.rhfc2.at.i386.rpm

Once you download that install it.

rpm -ivh atrpms-kickstart-23-1.rhfc2.at.i386.rpm

that'll tell you to then do:

apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

The dist-upgrade is optional, that will completely upgrade your
distrobutions packages. I would suggest if you don't have a lot of time,
or broadband to substitute apt-get upgrade for the second command. That
will just upgrade the packages you already have. Once you've done that
you can use apt-get to install pretty much anything. After all that do:

apt-get upgrade (this refreshed the package list and dependencies)
apt-get install mplayer mplayer-skins mplayer-fonts
apt-get install xine

Good luck. -Jesse