Open Office Configuration?

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 24 18:14:15 EDT 2004

How did you install openeoffice?  Did you use anything to change the default
install path ?  It's possible you found a bug in that there may be a hardcoded
path in openoffice.  ou could try and fake it out with a symlink:

run the following as root:
ln -s /opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.1 /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.1.1

This way if openoffice.org looks for something in
/usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.1.1/share/basic/Gimmicks,  it is redirected to
/opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.1/share/basic/Gimmicks/ instead.

--- Joe <josephj at main.nc.us> wrote:

> When I work with MS Word documents, OOo Writer has fits with the BASIC
> code when I want to save the files.
>
> It keeps looking for it's utilities to deal with it in:
> /usr/local ...
>
> I looked around and the stuff it needs is in:
> /opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.1/share/basic/Gimmicks/
>
> Where do I tell OOo the correct path?  I looked under Tools - Options -
> Paths
> and there's nothing about /usr/local - only paths to my user directories.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Joe
>
> --
> "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and
> those who dare not, are slaves." -- George Gordon Noel Byron (Lord Byron)

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk