Off-Topic, XP Reinstall

Tom McKim mckimt at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 15:25:08 EDT 2004

I ran into this before...

It assumed you wanted to install a second operating
system and not Replace the OS.

I would redo the install, make sure that you wipe
everything out.

Before that though on the Original installation make
sure you have noted every Driver that you are
currently using.  Go to the Hardware manufactures and
make sure you have every single Driver.

--- Kenneth Lawson <kennethlawson2000 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hello;
>
>    I know this is a linux user group but I have a
> windows
> question/problems, and really don't know anyone who
> knows more them me
> about windows to ask. (I live in Allegheny Country,
> in the country)
>
>      The question is this, I reinstalled xp last
> week  I seem to have
> everything up and going ok but I also seem to have
> two copies of XP on
> my hd.when I boot I get a menu asking which one I
> want to use. I'm
> using the first one. I tried the second one and it
> wanted to regeisitor
> that copy of xp. So I backed out and restarted with
> the first copy. Do
> I need to reinstall everything again or what? Also I
> apparently didn't
> get the audio drivers or codecs installed because I
> don't have any
> sound on the machine at all, other then beeps. Also
> my Works 2000
> crashes the whole system, which never happened
> before.
>

>   If any of you have run into something like before
> and are interested
> in  giving me a hand I would appreciate it.
>

>   Thanks for your imput,
>
>   Ken Lawson
>
> =====
> Ken & Nancy Lawson