Making Live CD's

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Fri Oct 15 14:01:03 EDT 2004

    Has anyone tried to make their own Linux bootable live cd? I've been
looking at all the options out there as far as pre-made distros go, and
the best I've found for my needs (not using winblows in school), is
Gnoppix, which is pretty much Knoppix, but with Gnome. It has pretty up
to date packages, including Firefox 1.0, and OpenOffice. What would be
king would be to make one of my own though. With my apps, my themes, my
preferences, etc. I've found this site, http://www.linux-live.org/,
which seems to be sponsored in some way by Linspire. It proclaims to be
a few easy scripts to turn your Linux into a live cd but I'm a little
confused as to the process. Do you have to trim your system down to fit
on a cd first? It says put the scripts in /tmp and run them and POOF!
it's done. Has anyone tried this? Is there any documentation on this, or
anyone have any experience doing this? Such a cool idea though. -Jesse