The FreeBSD Project

Ronald Maggio ron_maggio2004 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 11:21:54 EDT 2004

Hello, I have a project that I'm working on and am in need of some advice.

I have an old IBM PC Server 310, I have 2 scsi cards installed. The first card has 3 hdd's and scsi cd-rom. This card & drives I would like to install Mandrake 7.0 on.

The other card has no cd-rom but 4 drives on it, I would like to install FreeBSD on this other set of drives.

Is it possible?

Should I install FreeBSD first then Mandrake?

Will lilo can come up with a boot menu, so I can boot into Mandrake or FreeBSD?

I bought a book on eBay for $4 The Complete FreeBSD, 3rd edition. By Greg Lehey Pub: Walnut Creek. (NEW) It has 4 cd-rom's with FreeBSD 4.6

Any advice or information would be a help.

Thanks, Ron