Flash and XP

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Tue Oct 5 19:05:39 EDT 2004

In light of the interest in VMware, I am reposting a message I received
from them in March.  It's not formatted nicely, but it says they'll come
to a lug meeting and do a presentation and give away copies.  All we
have to do is ask them.

-- repost --
Dear Joseph, We hope you are enjoying your VMware Workstation. We wanted
to let you know that as part of the VMware LUG Program, you are also
entitled to additional personalized assistance in communicating the
benefits of your VMware software usage to your LUG. Many of our LUG
Presidents are finding that their members are very interested in
discussing VMware software at their LUG meetings. At your request VMware
will send a team to your LUG meeting that can teach your members about
VMware software in a variety of environments, give a live demonstration,
and answer any technical questions your team may have about the
products. You choose the topic, for example: Streamlining Software
development, testing, and deployment * Creating multiple development and
testing environments on a single system * Building mission-critical
Linux-based applications * Archiving test environments on file servers
and restore them quickly Ensuring Application compatibility and
operating system migration * Supporting legacy applications while
migrating safely to a new operating system * Testing new operating
systems in secure, clean virtual machines prior to deployment *
Eliminating the need to port legacy applications Partitioning and
Consolidating Server Systems * Continuously consolidate workloads *
Instant provisioning * Zero-downtime maintenance * Scaling hardware and
software infrastructure. * Streamlining testing and deployment. *
Delivering high availability and guarantee service levels Please poll
your LUG to find out if your group is interested in learning about
VMware software. If you are interested in having VMware speak at your
LUG meeting, please contact us at lug at vmware.com and we will work with
you to set up the details.
communications, including the VMware Newsletter, Discount Offers,
Seminar invitations, etc., go to http://www.vmware.com/optout.

-- repost --

--
"Ridicule is the tribute that mediocrity pays to genius.