Another Debian Sound Q

David Mangani dmangani at adelphia.net
Tue Nov 30 19:58:43 EST 2004

Hi all. I seem to have continuing trouble with sound (Alsa) On my Debian
Sarge(testing) system. Alsa seems to load but then ends up in
/etc/hotplug/blacklist along with my emu10k1 soundblaster driver. I get
some kind of screaching sound though. Since alsa is blacklisted and I
still get noise, I'm assuming that another sound module might be loading
first, maybe oss? I need to disable whatever is screaching and get ALSA
emu10k1 loaded properly. I have run debians "discover" package. It seems
to correctly identify and configure my soundcard for ALSA. I also have
run alsaconf several time. Alsa config report all okay, alsa is ready to
run.... enjoy. Do I need to maybe put the oss driver into the blacklist
manually? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave