Mandrake Sound Config

Ronald Maggio ron_maggio2004 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 14:23:47 EST 2004

Hi, All

I installed Mandrake 8.1 (vitamin) on a legacy box and
I get the logoff sound but no logon sound?? Whats
wrong? Everything else works fine! The games play
their sounds, and I've had no problem with mixer. This
is strange. I have a Sound Blaster PCI PnP es17xx (I
think?) installed and it works under NT Workstation!
The box is a P1 200mHz with 384mb ram 100base-T S3
Trio64V2 4mb of video ram, now don't chuckel and make
rude remarks, it purks along and works fine for me.
This is one of a few boxes I'm setting up with varius
flavors of Linux and Windows. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks.
Ron