RTF (Rich Text Format)

jb mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 21 11:39:29 EST 2004

I did run across a slight problem in that "most" of the fonts in
Winblows are .TTF and a few are .ttf so I (copied to) twice. Once using
cp /location of fonts/*.ttf /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/
then
cp /location of fonts/*.TTF /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/
then
cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/
chmod 444 *.ttf
mkfontdir
mkfontscale
cd ~
ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/ .fonts
Restart X
I know there is a way to cp all upper and lower case but it was easy for
me just to change the extension to uppercase at the time. That was all
done with su and I wasn't sure why but I had to run
ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/ .fonts
in each user account to use the fonts. Not sure why that is but it
worked and all users have access to all the fonts.
John